The Marketing Manager has experience in nonprofit settings who will help plan and implement strategic marketing and communication campaigns, and create multi-channel content to achieve the Institute’s objectives. This position is a crucial part of the team in executing branding, outreach, partnerships, advertising, content creation, and media relations initiatives. The Marketing Manager should have solid experience and the ability to contribute to China Institute’s growth. It requires a detail-oriented candidate who can be hands-on to help advance both strategic and tactical goals. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
- Help develop and implement strategic marketing plans (including advertising, PR, creation of promotional materials) to amplify China Institute’s influence and reach and to achieve its objectives
- Write, edit, and optimize long and short-form content for digital and print platforms, including website, digital and print ads, flyers, and brochures that speak to targeted audiences.
- Handle outreach for programs, exhibitions, and events
- Gather and synthesize program information and data to inform campaign development
- Assist in producing and executing creative marketing and advertising campaigns to attract audiences for China Institute programs and Gallery exhibitions, drive class enrollment, and build recognition of the organization’s history, impact, and cultural leadership
- Help create, maintain, and highlight content that reflect the breadth and impact of China Institute programs, events, and initiatives on various platforms and channels (social media, email marketing, the Institute’s website, 3rd party partner, etc.)
- Manage and schedule content for China Institute’s social media accounts
- Collaborate with Development department on appeals, galas, and other initiatives to help contribute to annual fundraising goals
- Assist to prepare executive and trustee communications such as presentations, reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising preferred
- 5+ years of professional marketing and communications experience, with experience preferably in non-profit organizations
- Experience planning and executing integrated marketing and fundraising campaigns including print and digital components
- Experience creating and managing content, editorials for social media, emails, etc.
- Demonstrated facility with content management systems, email marketing platforms, AdWords, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, and MS Office
- Be curious and/or knowledgeable about Chinese culture and history
- Knowledge of branding fundamentals and general design concepts with ability to make evaluative judgments about creative content
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with background in content marketing fundamentals
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to speak Chinese is a plus
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please.